4 Things That Will Satisfy Your Reluctant Reader’s Appetite

2012, The Hobbit Dinner and a MovieReading doesn’t come easy to everyone. Is there hope for those of us who would rather be on the playground, soccer field, or climbing a tree?

How important is it for our children to enjoy books?

We have an innate hunger for STORY. What happens to this craving when reading is difficult, as it was for my daughter who has dyslexia, or as it was for me as a child, because I measured myself against my peers who read much faster than I did? Most of the time, it gets stuffed down inside, and we forget we ever took pleasure in the magic of a story. My daughter believed she couldn’t. I decided I wouldn’t. However, our appetite didn’t die; it went into hiding. Like a pet rabbit in a home full of hunting dogs, it lurks around in the heart and mind. Now and again, it sneaks out of its hole, hoping to find a solution. Disappointed, it retreats back into the shadows, wishing for a way to enjoy the light without fear.

To continue reading, hop over to www.teachmama.com where I’m guest posting today. Leave her a comment and tell her how you transform reading into an experience.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge