Rags to Riches

from rags to bags 4

Photograph by Lawrence Antaran

Have you ever watched a performer or athlete and thought, “Wow, he is so good at that? He must have been born with a gift or started really young.”

The voice of perfectionism taunts me to believe that people who get it right, who excel at their trade, are some how gifted from birth and anyone who isn’t born with a gift is doomed. That’s rubbish!

There are people who were born with amazing talents but most of us who excel at our craft whether it’s writing, music, art, scrapbooking, home making, knitting or sports, have worked really, really hard for the success we have. We fall on our own or get knocked down by others but we get right back up and work some more.

I call SUCCESS!

Perfectionism says, “You aren’t good enough becasue you have to work hard.” Hard work says, “I can do this!” How about you? What do you do to press on? Our monthly newsletter includes a column called Share the Story where we share stories to encourage you to press on. If you would like to receive our newsletter which also includes book releases and contests, click here.

Leave a Comment Filed Under: Blog

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge