Writing is I̶M̶POSSIBLE

“Writing is easy.  All you have to do is cross out the wrong words.” — Mark Twain

Twain was a genesis story teller but I think he must have understood how much work goes into choosing the right words or else he wouldn’t have made that statement. When I was in school, if I was told to write about anything I wanted that was a signal for my brain to run in circles like a dog chasing it’s tail. Therefore, I like to give my writing students a place to start.

If you are using the essay prompts from Living Outside the Lines as part of your curriculum this year you might find this post, What Did Ē-ssay helpful. It includes simple definitions for the various types of essays you might want to assign your child to write and links to a couple of reviews on writing curriculum. If you would like to take the tension out of grading your child’s writing assignments you might find these files helpful. Essay Rubric,General Grading Guidelines for Essays, or A Grading Rubric Helps the Student and Teacher.

If you are reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond with us you might like these essay topics.

High School Essay Prompts and Essay Prompts for Kids

What about you? Do you think writing is simple?

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge