Studies That Improve Speech

“The Spirit of the LORD speaks by me; his word is on my tongue.  2 Samuel 23:2

Of course David was God’s chosen king, his chosen representative and a picture of the Christ to come. Prophets and priests who acted as the oracle for God were trustworthy men, a grace to their people and to everyone who reads God’s word today. These big story truths are amazing and useful for teaching me things from other books. I am so grateful for this. Personal truths bless me as well. This morning the beauty I heard in these words was that when the word of God is on my heart, whether studied or memorized, then ‘the Word of the Lord can be on my tongue,’ spreading his grace to whomever he chooses. What a privilege!

Prayer:

Dear Jesus, You are amazing. [Click to Tweet]. Thank you for making your word powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, breaking down bone and  marrow. Thank you for placing your Spirit within me. I embrace your truth and submit myself to your work.  Amen.  How do you remember God’s stories? By reading? Music? Audio book? Journaling? Please share your story. Your method will teach us new ways to embrace God’s word so that it can be on our tongue for the good of others.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Comments

1. As I was considering your words, the first part of Hebrews 4:12 kept coming to mind. “The word of God is living and active…” When we commit scripture to memory or study with someone and share a passage that blesses them, God’s word is breathing and active in that moment. It lives in that moment. Fresh and new. I remember God’s stories (or anything else ) best when put to music. When I am blessed to have a ‘living and active’ moment, where a passage speaks directly to whatever situation I find myself in, it’s as if my soul drops an anchor there. Safety!

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge