Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Project

Monday night Living Outside the Lines shared a meal and had a conversation about Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Afterwards, the kids presented their projects. I enjoy listening to their work and watching how much fun they have. They are so special to me.

During the conversation we talked about these ideas:

1. Why is Sir Gawain and the Green Knight set during the Christmas season? What might this time represent?
  2. Why does the poem wait until the end for the big reveal? What are some other books you have read that saved the big reveal to the end? What books have you read that gave the big reveal near the beginning?
  3. What is the Biblical definition of reputation? This question occupied a large part of the conversation. We explored methods of building a good reputation or a bad one. THen we talked about how the desire for a good reputation can replace desire for God in a similar way to how the Pharisees lived.

If you would like to give your kids a project for Sir Gawain and the Green Knight click here and use the project outline created for this novel. Check out how differently each group interpreted the project sheet. Versatility makes the project presentations interesting and personally, I enjoy this aspect.

Rachel and Bethany

Tim, Charis, James, Jacob

Marisol and Jon

James, Julia, Natalie, Ralph and Sarah

Annie and Collin

What do you think about Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Comments

1. I love these kids so much! Isn’t it neat to see their expression of the story! I am SO glad for technology that lets you post these fun times to share! (And by the way, now that Jude knows there’s a picture of you on the internet he will not leave me alone until I show him “Miss Ali on the internet”)

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge