Worldview Connections, Oedipus the King
Spreading the Kingdom
During our discussion next time we will talk about these things as well as things that are on your focus paper.
1. The play begins and he’s already killed his father and married his mother. What’s the tragedy?
2. For the Greeks: Does the play portray that there is free will or will of the gods?
3. Think It Through: Were you born as sinners? Are you a sacred son or daughter? What is your understanding about the tension between sin and righteousness that’s living within us all?
4. Think It Through: Your understanding of free will and will of God. Ask a parent, pastor, youth pastor to help you understand this from a theological perspective. Read authoritative writing on the subject. Your ideas won’t be debated next time. Maybe another day, but the purpose for now is that you have an answer that isn’t based solely on your opinion or the opinion of anyone but on scripture. It’s important you learn to defend your faith and love others. It’s easier said than done.
5. Study: 1 Corinthians 13:12 , “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.”
What about you? Choose a question and tell me how you would answer. I love two way conversations so please leave me a comment.