Dancing in Community

Photo by Morgan Ames

Proverbs 8

“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of his work.” 8:22

Wisdom was with God when he created us.

“…when he marked out the foundations of the earth, then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man.” 8:29-31

Creating man delighted God.

The Hebrew word, delight means dancing and frolicking. When God created us he was so happy that he danced.  He what? * Rewind * When God created you, he was so happy that he danced. I know. It’s pretty amazing isn’t it?

In Genesis 2 when God created man he said let us make man in our image. When he created all other things the text says, “and God said,” but when he created man, he said, “let us create in our image. “ He created humans to bring us into his life, which is a community among the persons of the Godhead, Father, Son, and Spirit.

During the creation of man the Father, Son and Spirit had a party. They were loving, dancing, frolicking, and enjoying each other. Humans were brought into this community to become a part of it and image it. Our creation story is like a gigantic party. We image God in our need for community. There’s something special about living in community with other believers that without it, we feel like something is missing. Enjoying each other is part of our spiritual DNA. Remember, they danced at our creation. This is exciting to me.

Living Outside the Lines…

…images God by Enjoying Him and His People

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Comments

1. I love the idea of dancing in the community with our Triune God! He keeps showing me places in His Word that express His love!

Thanks Ali!

2. Bridgette Booth says:

–I'm so confused by the comments! It ate my first one (I think) so forgive me if I'm posting twice!!

What a wonderful image, Ali. 🙂 I think you are right, when we are isolated, then we do lose our sense of togetherness which we were designed for. It is so easy to retreat from that community when we are hurt, but that's when we need to push through the most.

From another idea you shared, I think the importance of community is easy to overlook. I remember doing our moves how I felt both sadness and joy. Sadness not having any connections to the "new" people while joy at my forced season of reflection.

I'm glad we live in an age that offers a cyber-community!!!

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge