Hope: The Cardiologist’s Tool

surgery instruments set

Photo by Kirill Iorish

Hope.

Paul says in Romans 5:2-4 “…we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope…” Hope in the One who can save.

Jesus.

Painful situations are like the tools of a cardiologist during a heart transplant. The patient finds life through the pain of surgery.

Life.

Living Outside the Lines means

hoping in the Lord, not the situation.

When are you tempted to think that if your situation changes then you’ll be happy?

How do you trust in Jesus instead of the immediate circumstance?

Share THE Story.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Comments

1. Ali, in our cruising lifestyle the only way to survive is to trust the Lord. Elements play the biggest role in our lives and the Lord delivers us through many trials and joys.

2. I often think I'll be happier when I'm financially secure and I don't have to worry about paying all the bills. Then I remind myself that God has always taken care of my needs up until this point, and He will continue to do so. Trusting in His provision and knowing that I can depend on Him because he continually proves it should bring me more happiness than any other illusion of security.

• I like your use of the word illusion. There are so many things that give me an illusion of security: money, house, security system in a house, policemen, armed forces, friendships and the list goes on. While all of these are very good things and have great purpose, they aren't meant to meet my need for security. That's God's job. As you said, may job is to trust.

3. Oh How I love this "Painful situations are like the tools of a cardiologist during a heart transplant. The patient finds life through the pain of surgery." True true words. We need painful situations to make us more like Jesus and more dependent on Jesus. Beautifully done post!

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge