Castle on a Cloud

On the first Thursday of each month, I write a guest post for Keeping It Personal. I’m excited about the opportunity to  join their team of writers and share their mission which is to help others discover truth and embrace joy. This is the post for September. To read the full article, click the link below.

Ciderellas castle

Photo by ike4014

Our high school literature club read Les Miserables. I love this story. It has redemption, grace and mercy at the heart of it. Cosette plays a major role in the quest of Valjean, the protagonist. As a young girl she lives like an orphan and is terribly mistreated. She reminds me of Cinderella who dreams of a better life. And who wouldn’t? She feels abandoned, unloved, worthless, and tired.

Follow this link to Keeping it Personal and listen to “Cosette” singing how passionately she desires change.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Comments

1. Years ago, when my adult daughter and I attended the stage musical "Les Miserables", the musical was so astounding that the audience in Vancouver BC at the end of the production, sat in silence for 15 to 30 seconds before the odd clap grew into a thundering crescendo and a standing ovation. The audience was so moved it was stunned into silence for that short period of time. What an unforgettable experience. Thanks for brigning back the memory, Ali.

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge