Mud Puddles and Streams

Mud Puddles and Streams

I’m sitting in front of a beautiful creek that winds around the cabins where I’m vacationing. The sparkling creek bends left and right, gets narrower and wider, and flows over smooth spots and jagged rocks but no matter which way it turns, the water is clear, flowing, and filled with plants and animals. Sometimes water in a creek is redirected by a limb or stone and runs off to the side where it forms a murky, stagnant, lifeless pool until a hard rain comes and washes back into the flowing stream.

puddle

photo by Paul's Textures

When Jesus died on the cross, he set me free from the bondage of sin and made me alive in him. I’m like the water in a stream flowing down the hillside. His grace leads me through the narrow and wide places. He lifts me over the jagged rocks and holds me tight during a drought. As wonderful as he is to me, sometimes I want to go my own way. I take a detour and pause in a stagnant, dead puddle. Thankfully a hard rain comes and washes me back into the flow of his grace where life isn’t smooth, but it’s full of life.

What tempts you to steer away from the stream?

Busy Schedule? Sickness? Pain? Success?

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Want Help Starting Your Book Club? Read This Post.

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge